**UPDATED **21ST SEPTEMBER 2020**
Following the Governments decision to encourage a return to work we surveyed all of the Sort and Sparkle customers. The huge majority who responded indicated a preference for a return to regular cleaning from June onwards and we have used this as a guideline for returning.
A further selection of customers confirmed that they could meet our criteria of empty homes and would like to resume asap.
With this in mind we have decided to resume with a very scaled back team – and commenced our limited return on Monday 18th May – cleaning only in empty properties (where customers are at work or can be away for the duration of the clean).
Although the Government have only specified 2m distancing as a requirement for domestic cleaners these are our intended safety measures:
- The teams are now returning to more than 1 property per day, using new PPE for each customer
- Sanitising hands before entering a property, once inside, and upon leaving.
- Disposable gloves/marigolds to be worn at all times whilst inside the property.
- Masks to be worn before entering property and not to be taken off until back outside. (These will be re-useable masks but will only be worn inside one property before being washed at min. 60 degrees)
- Single use shoe covers to be worn inside all properties or appropriate foot coverings
- As always, all cloths and mop heads are used once before being removed and washed at min. 60 degrees at the end of each day
- Where possible we are using customers equipment, ie, hoovers, mops and buckets etc
As well as following these guidelines:
- We have invested in a range of ‘professional’ grade cleaning products
- All staff have undertaken Covid-19 training courses
- We have purchased a range of PPE products for all staff members
The majority of our customers have now returned with only a few remaining on the ‘on hold’ list with the hope to return in September. Site visits to new customers are now returning which are proving very successful. Since the beginning of July 16 new customers have joined and 5 new members of staff have been employed to cover the demand for our cleaning services.
We continue to seek guidance from the government as we move forward to ensure the health and safety of staff and customers.